Austin PRODUCT LIABILITY Attorneys
Consumers should be able to trust that the products they purchase will not cause them harm. Therefore, companies that produce or market products to consumers are responsible for ensuring that their products will not injure, disable, or otherwise hurt their customers. Victims and families can experience serious personal injury and the tragedy of a wrongful death as the result of a defective product. Our attorneys are committed to holding corporations and manufacturers responsible for their negligence.
Defining a Defective Product
The definition of the term “product” includes anything created by human action that is used by or comes into physical contact with people, including machinery, food, automobiles, appliances, electrical devices, toys, medicine, and clothing. The product in question may exhibit a manufacturing defect, meaning that it was not made the way it was intended to be made, or a defective design, meaning that the design of the product renders it unreasonably dangerous. Our defective product lawyers have represented Austin, Texas residents, as well as clients from across the country, with their product liability claims, which include:
- Automobile defects: Faulty design, malfunctioning or injurious seatbelts and airbags, and the negligent placement of fuel tanks can all result in serious injuries during a truck or auto accident. Our firm also handles rollover and roof-crush cases.
- Faulty software programming: Many of today’s appliances contain embedded computer software that guides the machines’ performance. When this software contains a bug or other defect, the results can be disastrous.
- Faulty machinery: This category encompasses automatic doors and gates, construction equipment, production line equipment, and other equipment which can cause serious injury or death if not properly designed or manufactured.
- Faulty safety guards: A safety guard defect on a dangerous power tool such as an electric saw can result in serious personal injury.
- Airplane and helicopter defects: If a design or manufacturing defect is the culprit behind an aviation accident, the air carrier and/or manufacturer can be held responsible.
- Propane and natural gas storage: If the equipment used to store or transmit propane or natural gas is defective, a major can occur.
- Defective Drugs and Medical Devices: A dangerous drug or medical device can cause irreparable injury to hundreds of victims at a time, prompting widespread recalls.
With vast experience handling defective product cases, our lawyers have achieved outstanding results in Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and throughout Texas and the country. Our firm obtained a substantial verdict in a products liability case in San Antonio, with the client receiving over $4.3 million after attorneys’ fees and expenses after an automobile accident rendered him a tetraplegic. The firm also achieved a substantial product liability verdict against Ford Motor Company in Travis County after one client suffered a concussion and broken arm and ribs and another client was killed. Our firm’s collective expertise in both the legal and engineering aspects of product liability informs our investigation and case preparation.
Contact Our Defective Product Attorneys
At Whitehurst, Harkness, Brees, Cheng, Alsaffar, Higginbotham, and Jacob, PLLC we are proud to put our expertise in product liability litigation to work for your family.
For an evaluation of your defective product claim, contact our product liability lawyers.
Real Client testimonials
Helped me navigate an extremely complex system
“I couldn’t recommend her enough.”
“She always responded quickly and kept me informed at all times.”
Instantly put us at ease.
“Words cannot fully express the amount of gratitude that we have for the both of you.”
The entire team was always professional and supportive.
“Chip was always there to answer questions, calm me down and let me know everything was going to be okay!”
We are truly grateful for Jamal and his team
“After a long and lengthy process we feel secure in that we will be able to provide everything our son needs and deserves through the trusts that they set up for him.”
More attorneys* named Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters in the “Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff” category in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 than any other law firm in Texas (*Bill Whitehurst, Chip Brees, Michelle Cheng, Jamal Alsaffar, Laurie Higginbotham and Tom Jacob)
Founded in Austin with more than 40 years of trial experience.
National results in complex personal injury litigation.
Many experienced lawyers ready to serve you.
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Our team has multiple Spanish speaking staff members.