Suffolk Military Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Representing Service Members Injured by Medical Negligence in Military Hospitals & Clinics
If you or your loved one is a service member who suffered harm due to medical negligence in a military hospital or clinic, you may be entitled to compensation. However, the process of pursuing a military medical malpractice claim can be complicated, so it’s important to have an experienced attorney on your side.
At National Trial Law, we are passionate about fighting for the rights of military service members and their families. Our military medical malpractice lawyers can handle cases in Suffolk and can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the process of filing a claim. With our team on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is in competent and caring hands.
We help those injured by medical negligence in military hospitals, clinics, and health centers throughout Virginia and the United States, including the TRICARE Prime Clinic in Suffolk.
Examples of Military Medical Malpractice
Like civilian medical professionals, military health care providers and facilities can make a variety of mistakes that can lead to severe injuries and illnesses. Here are some of the most common types of military medical malpractice:
- Failure to diagnose — Military medical professionals are responsible for diagnosing service members’ medical conditions in a timely manner. When they fail to do so, service members can suffer from delayed treatment and the condition may become much worse.
- Delayed treatment — When a military medical professional fails to diagnose a condition or injury, the service member may not receive the treatment they need in a timely manner. This can lead to the condition worsening and can even result in death.
- Medication errors — Military healthcare providers are responsible for prescribing the right medications to service members. When they make a mistake, the service member can suffer from severe side effects and other complications.
- Anesthesia errors — Anesthesia errors can happen during surgery and can lead to severe injuries and even death. These errors may involve a failure to properly administer anesthesia, giving the patient too much anesthesia, or not monitoring the patient properly while they are under anesthesia.
- Surgical errors — Military medical professionals can make a variety of surgical errors that can result in severe harm to service members. These errors may involve operating on the wrong body part, leaving a surgical instrument inside the body, or causing damage to a nerve or organ.
- Birth injuries — Military medical professionals also deliver babies for service members and their families. When they make a mistake during the delivery process, the baby can suffer from severe birth injuries.
It’s important to note that this is not an exhaustive list of the types of military medical malpractice that can occur. If you believe that you or your loved one has suffered harm due to medical negligence in a military healthcare facility, you should consult with a lawyer to discuss your rights and options.
Understanding the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
The Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) is a law that allows eligible individuals to sue the federal government for certain types of injuries and losses.
Under the FTCA, you may be able to file a military medical malpractice claim if you can prove that the injury or loss was the result of a medical professional’s negligence.
It’s important to note that the FTCA has very specific requirements and deadlines that must be met in order to file a claim. Our firm can help you understand your rights and options under the FTCA and guide you through the process of filing a military medical malpractice claim in Suffolk, VA.
Types of Compensation Available
If you or your loved one is a service member who has suffered due to military medical negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for a variety of economic and non-economic damages.
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Mental impairment
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
In any case, it is important to have a military medical malpractice attorney who handles claims in Suffolk on your side who can help you fight for the full and fair compensation you are owed.
- $7,860,000 Settlement Army Hospital Birth Injury
- $6,500,000 Settlement Air Force Hospital Birth Injury
- $5,800,000 Settlement Army Hospital Birth Injury
- $5,117,473.50 Trial Judgment Air Force Hospital Medical Malpractice
- $5,000,000 Settlement Army Hospital Failure to Diagnose
- $5,000,000 Settlement Army Hospital Failure to Diagnose
If you are eligible to file a military medical malpractice claim, it’s important to be aware that the FTCA has very specific deadlines that must be met. In general, you have two years from the date of the injury or loss to file a claim. However, this deadline may be extended in certain cases.
For example, if you were unable to discover the injury or loss right away, you may be able to file a military medical malpractice claim within two years of the date you discovered the injury or loss.
Given these deadlines and the other complexities of filing a military medical malpractice claim, it’s important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Our team at National Trial Law can help you understand your rights and options and guide you through the process of filing a claim.
Helped me navigate an extremely complex system
“I couldn’t recommend her enough.”
“She always responded quickly and kept me informed at all times.”
Instantly put us at ease.
“Words cannot fully express the amount of gratitude that we have for the both of you.”
The entire team was always professional and supportive.
“Chip was always there to answer questions, calm me down and let me know everything was going to be okay!”
We are truly grateful for Jamal and his team
“After a long and lengthy process we feel secure in that we will be able to provide everything our son needs and deserves through the trusts that they set up for him.”
At National Trial Law, we are committed to providing each and every client with the personalized attention and dedicated representation they deserve.
When you choose us, you can expect:
- Compassionate counsel — We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family, and we are here to provide you with the compassionate counsel you need and deserve. Our team is available to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have throughout the entire process.
- Aggressive advocacy — We are not afraid to go up against the government to fight for the compensation you are owed. Our team will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf and help you pursue the justice you deserve.
- Experience and skill — Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex military medical malpractice cases. We have a comprehensive understanding of this area of law and know what it takes to succeed. Let our team put our knowledge and skill to work for you.
Don’t wait to get the help you need. Call us at (833) 913-1885 to schedule a free consultation with our military medical malpractice attorneys in Suffolk, VA.